Photographer – Digital Producer
I was born in 1984 in Buenos Aires. I‘m a professional visual storyteller based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. My background includes photography, advertisement (Radio, TV, writing, columnist and social media) and public speaking and oral storytelling.
From my background in communications, I know the images and the message they transmit in the best way possible. Digital Communication is my big vocation. I have a degree in Communications (Argentinian Catholic University), a Master Degree – Management Content (Austral University), Photographer at Argentinian School of Photography and Bachelors Degree in Latin America Photography at Motivarte School.
I worked in the digital teams of Claxson (Playboy TV Latin America, FTV, Infinito, Much Music, Venus and G Channel) as mobile producer. I worked three years in The Walt Disney Company Latin America as Content Distribution Coordinator. Then, I started to work atTurner Broadcasting System as Digital Product Manager. I managed the MCN called UPlay for Telefe. I currently work as a Multiplatform Manager for Comedy Central in Viacom.
I’ve participated as a public speaker on stage events about Visual Storytelling, Digital Content, Mobile Photography, Transmedia Storytelling.
I gave a weekly review about Digital Media Trends on the Radio Program “El exprimidor de Ari Paluch” and “Estilo Anama” (with Anama Ferreira).
I gave workshops about Mobile Photography at Distrito Audiovisual de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Editorial Perfil , Catholic University at Buenos Aires, Turner Broadcasting System Latin America, and the Austral University. I gave a workshop in Google, You Tube Creator Camp 2015, for the best digital creators in Latin America. The workshops teach of how hone their skills on creative storytelling and tell a perfect story by a combination of photography, text and video, using only a simple tool like a mobile device.
I was speakear at Mobile Day 2014 “Visual Storytelling en multipantalla”. I´ve participated as speaker at Chile Media Show 2011. Conference: “Hábitos de los jóvenes en Internet y en Telefonía Celular: su relación con la televisión”. I was speaker at “Seminario Internacional EspacioTendencias” de la 37a. Feria Internacional del Libro de Buenos Aires.
I am one of the early pioneers and leading artists of the Mobile Photography revolution in Latin America since 2010. I’m the founder of the Popckorn Project and BAMF (Buenos Aires Mobile Festival).
I’m professor at Argentinian Catholic University (Argentina) since 2013. (Marketing, Digital Media, Media Planning & Digital Manegement Content).
- YouTube Certification – Audience Growth (2016)
- IMS Certificate on Spotify, LinkedIn, Waze, Twitter (2018)
- BA emprende (Startup Course) (2014)
- “Inspiring the Future” – Singularity University, Silicon Valley. The workshop was on April 9th and 10th (2013), and gathered four of the most renowned professors of the University: Salim Ismail, Daniel Kraft, Rob Nail and Raymond
- Special Mention for Popckorn Project in the CIFRA Contest 2011 (Centro de Innovación de la Forma de la República Argentina)
- Semi Finalist for Popckorn Project in the Open App de Telefonica (2012) contest.
- International honorific mention in the Iphoneografía Awards in Venezuela. (2013 & 2015). News in the “El Nacional” newspaper.
Press & Talks
- Infobae.com : “Hacia una nueva fotografía móvil” – 09-09-12 | TECNOLOGÍA
- Prensario: FWTV sobre los contenidos con Smartphones de Popckorn – 2015| CONTENIDOS
- Created the first EyeEm Meetup – La Nación agenda cultural. 2013 | AGENDA
- Participed with Popckorn in uLab del MIT | 2016
- Prensa del BAMF 2013
- Prensa del BAMF 2017
- Interview: Revista Contraste (Argentina) – Abril 2018.
- Epecuén Essay (Mobile Photography) published in No Mirror Magazine. (Brasil, 2017)
- Interview: Tiempo Argentino sobre innovaciones en Second Screen o Multi Pantalla
- Interview: Revista de Fotografía FOTONAUTICA (Mexico)
- Radio Talks about Tecnology in the magazine “Estilo Anama” (with Anama Ferreira) | AM 1450 Radio El Sol| 2012.
- Speaker in Chile Media Show 2011. Conference “Hábitos de los jóvenes en Internet y en Telefonía Celular: su relación con la televisión” – “Grupo ISOS”, Click here to download the Conference Schedule. – Santiago, Chile | 2011
- Talks about Brands – Universidad de Palermo & UADE Buenos Aires, Argentina | 2011
- Speaker in the conference “Seminario Internacional EspacioTendencias” – “Fundación El Libro”, “37.a Feria Internacional del Libro de Buenos Aires.” Click here to download the Conference Schedule. – Buenos Aires, Argentina | 2011
- Radio Talks about Tecnology & Trends in the magazine “El Exprimidor de Ari Paluch” | Radio Uno 103.1 | 2010 (http://www.elexprimidorweb.
About Popckorn Project
POPCKORN’S MISSION IS TO COMMUNICATE STORIES THROUGH SNACKABLE CONTENT.
In 2010 Javier Siriani created POPCKORN, a blog dedicated to mobile photography, with the aim of spreading a new form of expression.
Visual Narratives, exploring the world through the lens of mobile phones. A platform that brings together the interest in communicating and the impact of new technologies, from the cultural perspective.
Our role: to expand and strengthen the power of real-time storytelling, encourage digital artists, provide a space for meeting, discussion, exchange, learning and sharing knowledge on this new photography paradigm. Capturing, editing and sharing moments as they happen. First there was analog photography, then digital, and now mobile and social.
Together with FWTV (the first web TV channel in Latin America), we created POPCKORN VOD, a show featuring mobile photography pioneers from around the globe: Sion Fullana (US), Philippe González (Spain), Markus Spiering (Germany), Cadu Lemos (Brazil) and Inés Pujana (Argentina), among others.
The partnership with FWTV expanded and POPCKORN produced four web shows: Ritual Tattoo, Bici On, Producir Cambio and Huella Animal. All videos were made with smartphones.
POPCKORN delivered workshops and specialization courses at the Audiovisual District of the Buenos Aires City, Perfil Editorial, Ciudad Oculta, FWTV, Turner Broadcasting System Latin America, Universidad Católica Argentina and Universidad Austral.
In October 2015, we conducted a Classmate (workshop) in the YouTube Creator Camp in Buenos Aires for Latin America’s leading content creators.
Since 2013, we are developing the first mobile photography festival in the region called Buenos Aires Mobile Festival.