Hello, I am Javier Siriani, I breathe digital, and content beats strongly in my blood. Specialized in Digital Media, Photography, Marketing Growth and Digital Strategy.
Argentinian-born, with Italian roots, currently living in Buenos Aires. I am an artist, advertiser and brand strategist with 17+ years of experience in creativity, branding, innovation and business.
I worked with photography, manage digital contents, develop websites / apps, develop digital business for several companies. My experience with digital products helps me understand the needs of a product team living in an agile environment. My research expertise includes digital / mobile media consumption, branding, Marketing Growth Hacking and strategic management in emerging media / communications industries. My current studies include A.I. in media, media brand trust assessment, media transformation, audience engagement conceptualization/ measurement, mobile media content development and marketing and cross-platform audience behavior.
I have a degree in Communications (Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina), a Master’s degree in management Content (Austral University), Photographer at Argentinian School of Photography, Website Design at Da Vinci School, Bachelors Degree in Latin America Photography at Motivarte School of Photography and Postgraduate degree in Digital Business (Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina)
I became an early digital content strategist while working as a Mobile Producer in the digital teams of Claxson (Playboy TV Latin America, FTV, Infinito, Much Music, Venus and G Channel). I joined as Content Distribution Coordinator at The Walt Disney Company Latin America in 2008, and 3 years later I worked as Digital Product Manager at Turner Broadcasting System Latin America. In 2015, I moved to Sao Paulo, and I worked in the Brazilian Team to improve the digital content. After this amazing experience, I managed the MCN called UPlay for Telefe (Argentina). In 2016, I started to work in VIACOMCBS as Multiplatform Manager for Comedy Central, MTV and Paramount Network Latin America. I led the multiplatform programming content for Comedy Central, MTV and Paramount Network, developing the content strategy for all non-linear platforms. In 2020 (During the pandemic) I joined LA NACIÓN as Lead Commercial Digital Development. I collaborated with LN´s partners to create experiences, products and services. I worked on the launch of LN Propiedades, LN Campo, LN Bienestar and LN Movilidad.
Since 2022, I work as Head of Ad Solutions Team at Futbol Sites / Playmaker. Our goal is to be the center of excellence for ad digital content experiences, connecting with fans though powerful storytelling. Leading the Bench Brand Lab (Branded Content & Creative Hub), Advertising BI & Research and the Media Strategy & Client Solutions Team.
Regarding my professional experience, I worked either in product or content side with goals in maximizing sales, revenue, market share and profit margins. Explore new growth opportunities systematically in any part of the customer journey, from awareness through marketing to brand ambassadors by optimizing the product.
I am a professor at Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina (Argentina), Universidad de La Sabana (Colombia) and Universidad Buenos Aires (Argentina). (Marketing, Digital Media, Media Planning, Marketing Innovation & Digital Management Content).
In 2019, I participated as Faculty in the thirteenth Salzburg Academy on Media and Global Change. This year’s Academy gathered 73 students, 19 Faculty, and 20 visiting scholars around the theme of The Cost of Disbelief.
My aim is to continue developing my skills and knowledge, always looking for new opportunities and experiences.
My personal freelance photography career began after I finished my carrear as Photographer in EAF (Escuela Argentina de Fotografía). I describe my photography as ‘people-led’. Although commercially I may move in other directions, people are what I am mostly interested in. With a passion for street photography and studio photography (Fine Art work), I prefer to wander the streets without preconceived ideas and a sense of curiosity. I bring this mind-set to my portraiture. In 2013, 2015 & 2019 I was shortlisted for two prestigious mobile photography awards: Venezuela Mobile Festival and MIRA Mobile Prize B&W.
Awards & Exhibitions
- Participed in PHOTOS X ARGENTINA. It is an initiative of a group of more than 100 Argentian photographers who joined together to contribute to the fight of the Covid-19, donating the entire revenue from the sale of their works, made through the site, to the «José de San Martin» Clinic Hospital, one of the most prestigious medical institutions in the country.
- FoLa Photo Market – Amig@ Artista. I participated with the Polaroid Project called «Black» | December – January, 2019.
- Featured Artist in the Flamantes Book Edition 2019 (Spain).
- Finalist in MIRA Mobile Prize B&W 2019. A Photography was selected to be featured in the collective exhibition, opening on February 23rd, 4pm at MIRA FORUM in Porto, Portugal.
- FoLa Photo Market – Amig@ Artista. (Participated with 3 Photography) | December, 2018.
- Annual Festival Motivarte – Photo Book «Huella» | December, 2018.
- International honorific mention in the Iphoneografía Awards in Venezuela. (2013 & 2015). News in the “El Nacional” newspaper.
- CONTRASTE PHOTOGRAPHY MAGAZINE: Revista Contraste (Argentina) –04-18
- Epecuén Essay (Mobile Photography) published in No Mirror Magazine. (Brasil, 2017)
Popckorn Project (mobile photogtaphy)
POPCKORN’S MISSION IS TO COMMUNICATE STORIES THROUGH SMART CONTENTS.
Our mission is to communicate stories through smart contents. Our role is expand and strengthen the power of real-time storytelling, encourage digital artist, provide a space for meeting, discussion and sharing knowledge on this new photography paradigm. Visual Literacy though (mobile) photography is made possible, in part, with support from brands and the Social Media Community.
Visual Narratives, exploring the world through the lens of mobile phones. Capturing, editing and sharing moments as they happen.
- We developed the first Mobile Photography Gallery and Festival in Argentina and Brazil – FoLa (Fototeca Latinoamericana, Argentina) and MIS (Museum of image and sound, Brazil).
- We develop Digital Workshop ad hoc for brands (E.g Adidas, Editorial Perfil, Google, Samsung, FWTV, Turner Broadcasting Latin America)
- Mobile Photography Workshops in Shanty Towns: With the aim of promoting social integration and the socialization of the artistic experience, we offer free mobile photography workshops associated with the ONG and Argentinian Catholic University. We believe in art as a valuable resource that allows human beings to display their essence and develop their creative abilities, even in an adverse or hostile reality. Our conviction is that visual arts – especially photography – fosters new expressive, communicational and technical skills in children and young people in vulnerable situations. Objective: Build a circuit of young mobile photographers from different neighborhoods of the city and have first-hand urbanization of their neighborhoods and personal experiences.
Who are your influences? Ansel Adams, Robert Doisneau, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Ernst Haas, Mary Ellen Mark, Elliott Erwitt, Sebastio Salgado, Cecil Beaton, Fan Ho, Don McCullin, Diego Ortiz Mujica, Steve Jobs and Gustavo Cerati.
What camera do you use? Leica & Sony Cameras. Mostly the Leica Q2 Monochrome and D-Lux Typ 109. I also use the Sony A7R III with different lens. I use a variety of Mobile Phones.