Photographer | Digital Development, La Nacion | Professor of Communication, Media & Marketing at Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina.
Argentinian-born, with Italian roots, currently living in Buenos Aires, willing to move to a new adventure. Since 2006 I work with photography, manage digital contents, develop websites / apps, develop digital business for several companies. My experience with digital products helps me understand the needs of a product team living in an agile environment.
My research expertise includes digital / mobile media consumption, branding, Marketing Growth Hacking and strategic management in emerging media / communications industries. My current studies include A.I. in media, media brand trust assessment, media transformation, audience engagement conceptualization/ measurement, mobile media content development and marketing and cross-platform audience behavior.
Regarding my professional experience, I worked either in product or content side with goals in maximizing sales, revenue, market share and profit margins. Explore new growth opportunities systematically in any part of the customer journey, from awareness through marketing to brand ambassadors by optimizing the product.
My aim is to continue developing my skills and knowledge, always looking for new opportunities and experiences. I base all my work in the art of telling a good story.
I have Dual citizenship: Italian & Argentinian.
- Postgraduate degree in Digital Business - Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina (2021)
- Master Degree in Management Content - Austral University (2010-2011)
- Degree in Communications - Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina (2002-2006)
- Bachelors Degree in Latin America Photography - Motivarte School of Photography (2018)
- Photographer - Argentinian School of Photography (2007-2009)
- Website Design - Da Vinci School (2006)
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (2021)
- Drive Advertising Revenue with Google Ad Manager (Google Ad Manager 2020)
- Product Ads (Mercado Libre, 2020)
- Digital Marketing & Growth Hacking (Hyper Island, 2019)
- Seeing Through Photographs (MoMa, 2018)
- YouTube Certification – Audience Growth (2016)
- IMS Certificate on Spotify, LinkedIn, Waze, Twitter (2018)
- BA emprende (Startup Course) (2014) “Inspiring the Future” – Singularity University, Silicon Valley. The workshop was on April 9th and 10th (2013), and gathered four of the most renowned professors of the University: Salim Ismail, Daniel Kraft, Rob Nail and Raymond
I worked in the digital teams of Claxson (Playboy TV Latin America, FTV, Infinito, Much Music, Venus and G Channel) as mobile producer, as Content Distribution Coordinator at The Walt Disney Company Latin America, as Digital Product Manager at Turner Broadcasting System Latin America. In 2015, I moved to Sao Paulo and I worked in the Brazilian Team to improve the digital content. After this experiencia, I managed the MCN called UPlay for Telefe. In 2016, I started to work in VIACOMCBS as Multiplatform Manager for Comedy Central, MTV and Paramount Network Latin America. I led the multiplatform programming content for Comedy Central, MTV and Paramount Network, developed the content strategy for all non-linear platforms. In 2020, I joined LA NACIÓN as Chief Commercial Digital Development. My main responsability are develop digital projects to monetize advertising and manage the digital revenue budget, manage LN digital's porfolio for Ad Sales team and the Advertisers. (Sponsor, Video, CPM, CPC, AVOD, Vertical´s projects and email Marketing).
I had a weekly review about Digital Media Trends on the Radio Program "El exprimidor de Ari Paluch" and “Estilo Anama” (with Anama Ferreira). I gave workshops about Mobile Photography at Distrito Audiovisual de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Samsung, Editorial Perfil , Adidas Running Team, Catholic University at Buenos Aires, Turner Broadcasting System Latin America, Austral University, FEMSA (Coca-Cola) and Google. In Google, I gave in the You Tube Creator Camp 2015, for the best digital creators in Latin America. The workshops teach of how hone their skills on creative storytelling and tell a perfect story by a combination of photography, text and video, using only a simple tool like a mobile device.
I am one of the early pioneers and leading artists of the Mobile Photography revolution in Latin America since 2010. I Founded Popckorn Project and BAMF (Buenos Aires Mobile Festival). It was set up to promote the best work in the genre, and to give a platform to talented yet unrepresented photographers. Snack Photography doesn´t mean ephemeral or superficial.
I am a professor at Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina (Argentina) since 2013. (Marketing, Digital Media, Media Planning, Marketing Innovation & Digital Management Content). Falculty member in Sabana University (Colombia) in the Content Marketing Posgraduate course.
In 2019, I participated as Faculty in the thirteenth Salzburg Academy on Media and Global Change. This year’s Academy gathered 73 students, 19 Faculty, and 20 visiting scholars around the theme of The Cost of Disbelief. The program was anchored by an opening keynote address from Bangladeshi photojournalist and activist Shahidul Alam, which focused on the theme of vulnerability, trust and courage through the medium of photography. Elisa Lees Muñoz, executive director of the International Women’s Media Foundation, sparked meaningful discussion on the intersection of gender, media, and reporting. Kerry Donahue, Lindsay Abrams, and Stephanie Kuo from Public Radio Exchange (PRX) led students from asking “what is a podcast?” to creating their own audio show trailers on media literacy. And Naja Nielsen, digital director of BBC News, posed meaningful questions about journalistic responsibility, impartiality and the freedom of speech. These guests were supported by over 35 seminars, workshops, and screenings, along with a series of reading groups that strengthened our students’ capacity for exploring journalism and media with a critical eye and heightened cultural awareness.
My personal freelance / artist photography career began after I finished my carrear as Photographer in EAF (Escuela Argentina de Fotografía).
My work is often abstract and incorporates elements of surrealism, geometry, high contrast and realities and diversities of human life. Although commercially I may move in other directions, people are what I am mostly interested in. With a passion for street photography and studio photography (Fine Art work), I prefer to wander the streets without preconceived ideas and a sense of curiosity. I bring this mind-set to my portraiture.
Photography is my favorite way to express myself. My photos help bring attention to the little things that often get overlooked. … I want my subject to feel beautiful and comfortable during the process of being photographed, so they can show me who they really are.
In a world that is predominantly ruled by colour images – nowadays everyone is a photographer, and their solo exhibitions can be viewed on Instagram – I primarily work in black and white.
Photography exhibitions & awards
- 2020 Selected to participate in PHOTOS X ARGENTINA. It is an initiative of a group of more than 100 Argentian photographers who joined together to contribute to the fight of the Covid-19, donating the entire revenue from the sale of their works, made through the site, to the «José de San Martin» Clinic Hospital, one of the most prestigious medical institutions in the country. Article in La Nacion Newspaper
- 2019 Selected to participate in FoLa Photo Market. Polaroid Project “Black”.
- 2019 Selected as featured artist in the magazine Flamantes Book Edition 2019 (Spain).
- 2019 Finalist in MIRA Mobile Prize B&W 2019. Selected to be featured in the collective exhibition at MIRA FORUM in Porto, Portugal. (Check here) MIRA MOBILE PRIZE B&W 2019 – Check here
- 2018 Selected to participate in FoLa Photo Market. Work exhibited: Revolución de México.
- 2018 Annual Festival Motivarte. Work exhibited: Photo Book “Huella”
- 2018 Contraste Magazine, April Edition (Interview). Contraste
- 2017 No Mirror Magazine. (Brazil). Selected work: Epecuén Essay (mobile photography)
- 2015 International honorific mention in the Iphoneografía Awards in Venezuela.
- 2013 International honorific mention in the Iphoneografía Awards in Venezuela. News in the “El Nacional” newspaper.
- 2013 Interview: Revista de Fotografía FOTONAUTICA (Mexico)
“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”Ansel Adams, Photographer
Years of experience
Drink Mate & Coffee
Our mission is to communicate stories through smart contents. Our role is expand and strengthen the power of real-time storytelling, encourage digital artist, provide a space for meeting, discussion and sharing knowledge on this new photography paradigm. Visual Literacy though (mobile) photography is made possible, in part, with support from brands and the Social Media Community.
- We developed the first Mobile Photography Gallery and Festival in Argentina and Brazil – FoLa (Fototeca Latinoamericana, Argentina) and MIS (Museum of image and sound, Brazil).
- We develop Digital Workshop ad hoc for brands (E.g Adidas, Editorial Perfil, Google, Samsung, FWTV, Turner Broadcasting Latin America)
- Mobile Photography Workshops in Shanty Towns: With the aim of promoting social integration and the socialization of the artistic experience, we offer free mobile photography workshops associated with the ONG and Argentinian Catholic University. Our conviction is that visual arts – especially photography – fosters new expressive, communicational and technical skills in children and young people in vulnerable situations. Objective: Build a circuit of young mobile photographers from different neighborhoods of the city and have first-hand urbanization of their neighborhoods and personal experiences.
We believe in art as a valuable resource that allows human beings to display their essence and develop their creative abilities, even in an adverse or hostile reality.Javier Siriani, Popckorn
- Who are your influences? Ansel Adams, Robert Doisneau, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Ernst Haas, Mary Ellen Mark, Elliott Erwitt, Sebastio Salgado, Cecil Beaton, Fan Ho, Don McCullin, Diego Ortiz Mujica, Steve Jobs and Gustavo Cerati.
- What camera do you use? Leica & Sony Cameras. Mostly the Leica Q2 monochrom + MP-9 + D-Lux Typ 109. I also use the Sony A7R III with different lens. I use a variety of Mobile Phones.
- Which is your favorite place? All the places I´ve visited